Cancer is now the biggest threat to human life, and the key to their treatment is to detect it as quickly as possible. To diagnose cancer, you need a well-equipped medical laboratory with the right equipment and personnel. Unfortunately, not everywhere it is available, so researchers from various research centers are working on mobile laboratories that would perform similar functions.
A team of scientists from the State University of Washington has created such a laboratory that enables on-the-spot testing of tumors. The whole device is very small, and this size was achieved through the use of iPhone 5, which acts as a computing unit for analysis of samples taken.
The device uses a spectrometer to simultaneously analyze eight samples and, by measuring the light spectrum, determines what chemicals are present in them. This way it detects markers of lung, breast, prostate, and epithelial cancer.
- Identifying sensible programs of best bone conduction headphones - 28/06/2017
- Fantastic Recommendations On Developing Essential Aspects Of Best Wireless Earbuds - 14/06/2017
- The Russian bot network has plundered millions of dollars from advertisers - 01/05/2017
- IPhone mobile laboratory for cancer detection - 06/02/2017
- The Fitbit suit has saved a woman’s life - 26/01/2017
- Mitsubishi is working on intelligent turn signals - 20/01/2017
- NATO Maneuvers on the Black Sea - 08/01/2017
- Germany regulates streaming on the internet - 31/12/2016
- CoolChip revolution in processor cooling - 28/12/2016
- The largest ship in Australian military history accepted into service - 16/12/2016